(There is a minimum charge as for one hour regardless of which part of the building is used)
Other Charges and Information:
- After midnight – £30 (surcharge) per hour, whichever part of the building is booked.
- Council Chamber – £60 per occasion – Use subject to Council’s permission.
- Sound Equipment – £5 Projector and screen – £10.
- Allowances for consecutive bookings – two consecutive days hire 5% off
- Half hourly bookings will be accepted, but the minimum charge will apply if relevant (1 hour)
- The hire charge will commence from the time the hirer/staff/equipment arrive at the Town Hall and continue until the hirers vacate the building.
- Hire of the Town Hall on Sundays, Bank Holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will be subject to special consideration by the Council
- Council may grant, at its discretion, discounts to encourage booking of particular community benefit and to encourage use of the Town Hall by town businesses.
- All charges are inclusive of VAT at 20%
- Deposit/Cancellation fee for hire of Halls is £50. Deposit for hire of kitchen for catering is also £50
- Steel tipped stilettos are not allowed in any hall.
Numbers permitted in the Town Hall
- Dancing in the Large Hall: 180
- Seating in the Large Hall: 250 (including 57 in the balcony)
- Lower Hall: 75
- Total number permitted in the whole building not to exceed 250